The latest residential security solutions are getting increasingly more intelligent. Even so, it’s still easy to neglect to complete simple security duties like arming your a home security system, lowering the garage door, or even securing your front door.
Would you like it if you no longer needed to remember doing these chores ever again? With geofencing in St. Louis, you can let your system do it for you.
What is Geofencing In St. Louis For Home Security Systems?
Geofencing draws a virtual border around your residence, which you are able to arrange in your smart security app. This convenient tool then uses your phone to see when you go beyond the border and then triggers the tasks you have programmed.
What Makes Geofencing Work?
Geofencing is made possible by z-wave, a wireless communications standard that smart components utilize to interact with one another. This technological advancement assists your home security by grouping all elements onto one, unified network. You can then institute specific boundaries on all sides of your home and program particular actions as you move beyond the specified border.
For example, shortly after you exit your premises, you could program your security system to engage door locks, lower the garage door, and turn on your alarm. Then, when you return to your house, geofencing will notify your system to disable the alarm, elevate the garage door, activate lighting, and even alter your your temperature settings.
Here are several of the devices you will be able to manage with geofencing:
● Surveillance cameras and your system’s alarm
● Electronic devices including TVs or appliances
● Garage door sensors
Geofencing, Scheduling, And Scenes Are At Your Fingertips With Your Smartphone App
Geofencing is one of the many ways you can utilize your property’s security system in St. Louis. When accessing the ADT Control app, you have the ability to make the most of automation. In a few easy touches of the app interface, and you are able to:
● Set schedules: program your smart components to activate at the times of your choice. Instruct your lighting to dim to indicate that it's time for bed, or deactivate your home’s alarm the first thing in the morning.
● Control device interactions: Make particular devices engage in response to a triggered event. Direct your thermostat to turn on the connected fan if the CO detector trips. Or switch on your hallway lighting when your surveillance system senses unusual motion around your property.
● Preprogram scenes: Make scenes featuring various devices that operate in harmony together. Have your smart bulbs lower, the A/C go down, and the smart locks bolt when the day is done. Or customize a scene for TV night with preset light and thermostat levels.
● Protect your home with geofencing: There may be times when you fail to arm your alarm system when you're hurrying to get out the door. With geofencing technology and your mobile device, you'll never forget to turn on your alarms and put down the garage door.
Enjoy The Benefits Of Geofencing in St. Louis
Whether you’re looking for added certainty of a completely secure residence whenever you drive away or you want to automate your smart home technology, geofencing is a wise choice. Contact a skilled member of our team today at (314) 274-9817 or complete the form on this page to start designing your perfect security system.