Security cameras can easily be placed as a hindrance—a display that informs burglars or intruders that “we know you’re there.” Or you can utilize your video surveillance to tighten your home’s defenses.
Luckily, the latest security cameras are equipped with a number of tools all built to deliver comprehensive protection for your residence. Whether it’s recording capabilities and two-way talk or infrared dark vision and lightning-quick motion detectors, these additions help you to have the most from video surveillance in St. Louis.
How To Set Up Your St. Louis Security Cameras For Top-Of-The-Line Protection
Placing your security cameras on the optimal spots around your living space is the best place to jump in at with home security.. Indoor security cameras need to be placed in frequented rooms like the kitchen or den. It’s also a good move to install a camera looking at main doors, stairs, or other centralized areas intruders would have to enter through to reach the rest of your home. Outdoor security cameras should afford a clear sightline of your patio, drive, and yards, shed, and other outdoor separated constructions, like sheds. Then get a view of your front door with a sleek doorbell camera.
There are places within your home that aren’t quite as vital to surveil like bedrooms, bathrooms, and basements. Even if you have jewelry in your bedroom, placing a camera in the room may reduce your privacy. Feel free to add window or motion detectors if you need a form of security in bedrooms.
Innovations That Optimize Security Cameras
Camera layout is only the foundation for utilizing the most from home security cameras in St. Louis. The features described below help to elevate security and increase overall home safety.
- Motion detection: See automatic messages on your smart device the instant abnormal activity is detected. You can also configure cameras to start capturing footage when motions are discovered which serves to increase camera recording time.
- Recording and storage: Configure your home security cameras to film and save clips to the cloud for easy playback anytime.
- Two-way talk: Nearly all of today’s security cameras include a built-in microphone and speaker so you are able to converse with people with the device. Through your security app, you can give the illusion that you’re home or welcome your kids as they get home from school.
- Wide field of vision: Field of view determines how much a camera can see, and allows for a more exhaustive view of an area. Opt for cameras that have at least 120-degree wide angle lens or that have the ability to pan automatically for superior visibility.
- Night vision: Ensure your video surveillance come with either LED or infrared sensors that will produce clips of overnight motion.
- Activity zones: To make security alerts more specific, program activity zones. For example, you can tell your exterior camera to inform you of movement happening on your yard or your patio and ignore animals passing or anyone on the sidewalk.
- Security app: mobile app, like ADT Control®, allow you to view live camera footage, direct cameras, toggle on and off the system, and capture events. Most importantly, the app can send up-to-date notifications when the detect something unusual taking place around your property.
Get Your Video Surveillance Today
Getting the most out of your video surveillance in St. Louis is simpler. From ultra fast motion detection to 2-way audio, your home security system rises from simply a deterrent to an unbreakable defense. Call (314) 274-9817 or fill out the form below to begin customizing your security system today.