How To Decide Between Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Security Systems In St. Louis
You understand you need to protect your home. Above all else, it’s the place where your family lives and is where you have all of your possessions. But what is the right type of home protection? Determining if you should get 24/7 monitoring is one of the chief considerations you will make. Learn more about the benefits and downsides of monitored vs. unmonitored security systems in St. Louis and get a better idea of what’s ideal for you.
Differences Between Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Home Security Systems
When you opt for 24-hour monitoring, your home’s protection bridges to a third-party monitoring service that is ready to offer assistance at any moment. Whenever a door sensor triggers or a smoke detector goes off, your monitoring professionals get a notification immediately. They quickly go to work to confirm the alarm and send the proper first responders.
On the other hand, an unmonitored system doesn’t have professional backup. You can consider this option as self-monitored, meaning that if your system is tripped, you must respond to get it resolved. This option is the cheaper route, but it also puts all the responsibility on your shoulders.
Pros And Cons Of A Monitored Security System In St. Louis
Here’s a brief look at the advantages and drawbacks of a monitored security system.
Advantages Of Monitored Systems
- Heightened security: Having a backup at the ready is always smart. If you are on vacation, sleeping, or don’t have your smartphone, your home and its inhabitants will still be safeguarded.
- Speedier response times: Monitoring professionals are always prepared. They’ll reply in a speedier fashion to emergencies than you can by yourself.
- Insurance discounts: Monitored home security could make you eligible for a reduction of your home insurance premium.
- Superior tools and flawless integration: When you get hardware, installation, and monitoring from a respected home security provider, you will enjoy a cohesive system with devices that may be of a higher quality than what you will come across yourself.
Cons Of A Monitored System
- Expense: You will pay a monthly expenditure for monitoring.
- Typically required to use professional installation: Countless people prefer to have work taken care of by qualified professionals, but some do-it-yourselfers might want to do it by themselves.
- Need to sign a contract: You will usually be required to sign a contract when getting monitoring. This arrangement will be acceptable for many as home security is a service you will want for the long haul.
Benefits And Downsides Of An Unmonitored Security System In St. Louis
Here’s a brief rundown of the benefits and downsides of an unmonitored security system.
Pros Of An Unmonitored System
- Affordability: You won’t incur a monitoring bill.
- Install yourself: DIYers could deem this to be an advantage as they can install the system themselves and circumvent an installation expense. Other residents will wish to use a professional.
- Higher Level of Flexibility: You can incorporate equipment whenever you want - and from any manufacturer. However, you might find incorporating into a seamless system more challenging.
- Control: There won’t be an outside company monitoring your system. If something happens, it’s up to you to get help.
Downsides Of An Unmonitored System
- No support system: What if you don’t have your cell phone and don’t receive a security alert? This circumstance will generate more stress and lower your peace of mind.
- Requires your full attention: As you are the only one in control, you must pay close attention to your home security app.
- Installation is on your own: If you require assistance during the installation, you might have to hire someone else. The installation is also likely to take more time.
Defend Your Property With a Monitored Home Security System In St. Louis
Stay protected 24/7 with a monitored home security system in St. Louis from Secure24 Alarm Systems. We think you’ll agree that a comprehensive, monitored home security system is the right option for your family. Call (314) 274-9817 today to speak with our security experts.