Not so long ago, the components of your security system were restricted to where a wire could be placed. Forget positioning a video camera on a countertop or governing your implements with a mobile device. But, home security is not like it used to be, and that’s largely due to the development of wireless installations. You now have a range of added advantages to experience -- like remote access, seamless smart devices, and easy system set ups. Wireless home security systems in St. Louis will safeguard your home while making your life easier.
Important Considerations When Switching To Wireless
If you would like to benefit from everything wireless security is able to do, you must have a proper internet connection. If you have high-speed internet and a quality Wi-Fi router, you’re in a good position for wireless equipment.
If you have concerns about an internet or power outage, explore security systems that have cellular and battery backups in place to maintain the connection to your monitoring specialists indefinitely.
When you live in a rural setting without stable access to internet or cellular services, a wired configuration will probably be better. Or It may also benefit you from a monetary perspective to opt for a wired approach if you relocate to a home that currently has wiring for security components installed.
Perks Of Wireless Home Security Systems
Both wired and wireless home security systems in St. Louis will elevate the safety of your property, which is the primary goal to start with. But, if you like the idea of having the most advanced features, review the advantages of wireless:
- Access from anywhere: Get access to all the components in your home from your lighting to your security cameras from your mobile device with the ADT Control app. You are able to check who’s at the front door, switch on your connected lights, and even arm your system on the rare chance you neglected to do so. Whenever an emergency does occur, you are able to have updates sent directly to your mobile device.
- Easy installation and customizing: Forget about the endless wiring, damage to drywall, and long installs. One of the best aspects of wireless devices is that you can place them just about anywhere and with little time or effort. If you would like to add on at a later time with other equipment, bringing devices into your configuration is easy.
- Interactions between components: Wireless technology makes interactions between devices a reality with fast, two-way communications. Program your components to take action in specified scenarios to boost your protection and deter intrusions. For instance, if your exterior video camera detects unusual disturbances on your property, it may instantly prompt your entryway lighting to activate.
Downsides Of Wireless Home Security Systems In St. Louis
Although wireless home security systems in St. Louis have shown to be dependable, it’s only natural if you have a few reservations about installing one. Let’s take a look at some of the most prevalent areas of concern:
- Battery-run wireless components may stop working if the battery is depleted. Although this could happen, your smart devices will notify you whenever batteries are getting low.
- Sensors usually have to be positioned within a specified distance from your home’s command center. ADT is able to supply range extenders in various scenarios to enhance your versatility.
- Similar to any computer network, the risk of hacking persists. You can do things to greatly reduce the risk by using hard-to-crack passwords, never using default passwords or settings, and using a router with a built-in firewall. Additionally, you should only use security elements with encryption of 128-bit or more.
Thinking About Going Wireless? Reach Out To Your Security Professionals
Are you ready to reap the benefits of the current advancements in St. Louis wireless home security? Call (314) 274-9817 to speak with the security specialists at Secure24 Alarm Systems. Our experts will assist you in designing the most suitable package for your residence.